Information for classes/workshops
• Please arrive in good time for your class/workshop, but no more than 10 minutes before the start. If you arrive after the class has started we will be unable to let you in.
• Wear loose comfortable clothing, which does not restrict your breathing or movement. Remove footwear and socks. It is also recommended that you remove your watch and jewellery.
• Bring your own yoga mat. If you wish to hire or buy one from us, please contact us to request one in advance of the class/workshop.
• It is advisable to practice yoga on an empty stomach and an empty bladder. Allow 3-4 hours digestion after a large meal and 1-2 hours after a smaller meal. If you do need to eat before a class, try to eat only a small amount of light and easily digestible food (for example, raw vegetables or fruit)
• If you are menstruating it is advisable to avoid inverted postures, please ask the teacher for an alternative.
• If you are pregnant, suffer from very high blood pressure, chronic heart disease, retinal problems, epilepsy, have a joint replacement or recently undergone any major surgery, it is wise to consult your doctor prior to beginning a yoga programme.
• Please inform the teacher if you have any of the above or any other issues that you feel should be raised.
• Listen to your own body and don’t force yourself into any of the postures. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else – yoga is not competitive. Practising 2 to 3 times a week is the ideal.
• If you find that you cannot attend the class/workshop that you have booked in for, please give at least 24 hours notice, so that your place can be re-allocated to someone else.
Information for private appointments
• A deposit may be requested in advance of the appointment.
• If you have to cancel an appointment, please give at least 24 hours notice to avoid a 50% cancellation fee.
• All treatments are to be paid for in full either in cash at the time of the appointment, or in advance by bank transfer.
• All information received is treated in strict confidence. Clients must inform of any changes in health following an initial consultation.